Zoodles with Creamy Cauliflower and Mushroom Sauce
I promise this will fulfill all of your cravings for something decadent, tastes like it's bad for you but it's 100% vegan!
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 Cup Pearl Onions (or any chopped white/yellow onion)
- 2 Tbs Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Crimini Mushrooms (about on 16 oz package), sliced
- 32 oz Mushroom Broth
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 large Zucchinis, spiralized
- Pour mushroom broth into a medium saucepan and turn to high heat, boil until reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
- In a large nonstick saucepan place the cauliflower florets and onion, drizzle with olive oil and cover. Cook over high heat, stirring often, until golden brown. (This is important, the browner and toastier, the more flavorful!)
- Add the garlic and stir briefly, about 15 seconds, and remove from heat.
- Using a spoon or spatula scoop all of the veggies into a blender or food processor. Add 1 1/2 cups of the reduced mushroom broth and blend on high until smooth. (I love my Vitamix for this sort of thing. I got this refurbished one for a deal) Set aside.
- In the same saucepan add the sliced mushrooms and drizzle with olive oil. Sauté mushrooms until lightly browned. Add white wine and spiralized zucchini, quickly stir and remove from heart.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce 1 cup at a time, mixing until there a sauce to zoodle ratio that you're happy with. (There may be extra sauce. That's ok, because it's delicious! Save it in an airtight container and pour it over anything, or just eat it with a spoon!)
- Make sure to taste it and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Plate and enjoy!